Starpoint Gemini 1 (orig. Starpoint Gemini) is an RPG tactical sim focused on the control and strengths of individual vessels. In SPG ship captains and their skills make the greatest difference in large-scale battles. The games is set in a science-fiction universe where various thriving technological directions exist side by side.
Players will freely traverse the rich and filled vastness of the Gemini star system, fight skirmishes with rogue ships, trade commodities, research anomalies, buy new vessels, upgrade their ships with state-of-the-art technology, increase their experience and rank to learn more powerful maneuvers and ultimately use all that in large scale engagements against other fleets of hostile ships.
Gemini is a dangerous place with riches waiting to be claimed by the more daring and capable captains.
- Free-roaming space waiting to be explored.
- Vast and interesting Gemini star system, divided into more than fifty large sectors connected via entrances into hyperspace torrents, called T-Gates.
- Numerous space stations, asteroid mining bases, asteroid fields filled with ore to be mined, randomly appearing anomalies, random encounters with hostile pirates or vessels in distress, trade convoys, military patrols, nebulas and much more are all there to create a deep and immersive experience of a living star system.
- Deep and intriguing storyline filled with schemes and twists, drives the player further into the main plot.
- Numerous scripted side missions offer a brake from the main plot and give more insight into the setting of Starpoint Gemini.
- More than 300 Freelance missions can be found and taken on stations through Freelance commission.
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface.
- Diverse skill system offers more than 30 upgradeable vessel maneuvers.
- Increasing your rank leads to more options including the ability to purchase larger ship classes.
- Choose from many different perks to gain additional passive bonuses.
- Ships have special built in abilities, which makes even smaller ship classes very useful in fleet battles.
- Upgrade your ships with more than 300 ship systems ranging from weapons and energy shields to power cores and thrusters.
- Enlist additional experienced personnel for your ships to gain skill bonuses.
- Random global events will influence almost all aspects of the game world (like chance for pirate encounters or commodity prices).
- A comprehensive "Captain's Log" will enable you to keep track of ongoing missions and events.